Monday, November 24, 2008

Game day in Blacksburg...

We woke up on Saturday morning ready for an amazing day of tailgating and of course, the big game. First on our list of activities was to get some morning coffee at Starbucks. While this is a normal occurance in our lives, it is not something that we were ever able to do in Blacksburg, and now, five years later, you have your pick of three locations...my how times have changed!

Once we had some caffeine in our systems, it was time for the boys to head to Super Walmart (love it!) to purchase a cheap charcoal grill and a few other items we had forgotten. Erica and I on the other hand, had appointments at Tivon, a local hair salon and spa. Erica had gone there throughout college and made the recommendation that we take advantage of the super cheap treatments, and so I bit the bullet and got an appointment with a random stylist to have my highlights touched up. I was definitely nervous, as I'm typically particular about who does my hair, but for $50, I couldn't resist! I am happy to report that it all worked out and I am very happy with my cut and color, all at a 50% discount from what I normally pay here in No. Va!

After our appointments we headed back to the RV to get the tailgating started. The boys had already set up our table and chairs outside, which would end up being used for all of five minutes as the wind was whipping and it was far too chilly to spend any time outdoors...again, love the RV and the heater! :)

On the menu for our tailgate, wings from BW3's, buffalo chicken dip, texas caviar, veggie platter, and grilled chicken sandwiches. Yum! After we stuffed ourselves to the gills, we played some football in the parking lot, in true tailgate fashion, and then got bundled up and ready for our trek to Lane Stadium! Let the game begin...











1 comment:

Jenn said...

Sooo jealous!! Looks like you guys had an amazing time. :) My guess is that Owen will be a Hokie....wow, in about 17 years!