Saturday, January 25, 2020

Lake Pontusak...

Just when I think I've got the best job on the planet something new happens that makes me continue to pinch myself! My boss, Gary, recently bought a house on Lake Pontusak in Pittsfield, MA and was so generous to let us use it for a week last August. It was the perfect house sitting on such a beautiful plot overlooking a gorgeous lake - we couldn't get over how amazing it was.







On top of the wonderful accommodations he also has just about every toy you could imagine to use on the water - kayaks, paddle boards, a pontoon boat, jet ski, tubes, rafts, noodles, and not one, but two, gigantic pink flamingo floats.












The boys took full advantage of all those toys - swimming in that water from sun up to sun down. Adam amazed me with his paddle boarding skills and he was also kind enough to take Harper on some kayak adventures as well. I think lake life suits Adam just fine.















Happy hours on the pontoon boat with fresh lobster, wine and an assortment of cheese were a nightly affair. I know Andy loves his Boston Whalers but pontoon life is something I can truly get on board with (see what I did there.)










The weather was amazing - sweatshirts for coffee on the deck in the morning and again for wine on the deck in the evenings - when I can find sweatshirt weather in August I'm happy.







Being in Massachusetts meant close to the Greeley side of the family and we were lucky to get to see Uncle Bob and Uncle Jack for some fun on the water and lunch one day. They hadn't met Harper so it was a thrill to get to introduce him. Meanwhile, Adam and Uncle Jack hit it off and became quick friends - they even went off on a kayak ride together and returned nearly an hour later. Turns out they had quite a nice conversation - with Adam doing a bulk of the talking - no surprise there.



Sadie may have had the best time of all. She spent her days running around the big backyard, chasing tennis balls, jumping in the water whenever she pleased, boat rides, and some other dogs to play with as well.












This trip was just what we needed after the heartbreak we experienced at the beginning of the summer. Our hearts continued to heal as we spent time enjoying every single moment together.

















No comments: