Thursday, October 27, 2016

Wine Making...

A few weeks ago I was up at my offices in NY and got the opportunity to participate in their wine making night. It's such a cool experience - legal? maybe, maybe not - but what's life without a little thrill now and again. 

We meet up at this warehouse in Yorktown, NY - such a beautiful area. If you think driving Georgetown Pike has your head on a swivel looking at the amazing houses then wait until you drive through this Westchester County gem! 

Frank Sinatra plays in the background, wine is flowing, and you truly feel like you've been transported back in time. I was happy to be there for the first step in the process (they do two batches of wine a year) and was an active participant helping to dump the grapes into the crusher. Once our work was done it was time for some delicious pizza and more vino. 








The next step in the process was for the guys to go back up the next week to get the wine into the actual barrel. Then the wine will age until about June/July and we'll head back up to actually get the wine into bottles. I'll definitely plan to work in a trip to the office for that part of the process - that way I can also pick up the case I purchased. How cool to be able to enjoy wine I helped to make?! 


No comments: