Saturday, September 13, 2008

A fall frolic and some Hokie football

Today was the WGA's "Fall Frolic" golf tournament at our club in Reston, and while it isn't really fall yet, it was still a great day to get out and play some golf. Actually, come to think of it, it didn't feel like fall at all, aside from a few trees that have lost their leaves during the recent drought. I didn't win, or place for that matter, but I did have some great holes, and sunk a birdie putt on a par 4, which always makes me happy (the one or maybe two times a year that it happens.)

The other highlight of the day was that my VT Hokies beat Ga. Tech 20-17. While that doesn't seem like a "huge" win, it was certainly a good game, and in my book, a win is a win.

All in all, it was a great day, and I'm looking forward to a lazy day on the boat tomorrow. What a life huh!? :)

No comments: