Monday, August 25, 2008

Sunny San Diego

I have to believe that the nicest place in all of the US is San Diego. I was lucky enough to go out there last week for a conference, and had a great time. Sadly, Andy did not tag along, but he had fun hanging out with Liddy and Wally-they got a lot of great swimming time in.

I had a great room at the Manchester Grand Hyatt overlooking the bay, as well as the awesome pool. It was fun watching all the boats on the water and was also neat being able to see the USS Midway from my room, a retired air craft carrier that has been turned into a museum. It was also the location of one of the events I attended as part of the conference.




The conference was ASAE & The Center for Association Leadership's annual meeting. Most of you know that I used to work for ASAE, and let me tell you, it is far more fun being an attendee than an emloyee at this meeting!
The meeting was really great and I got to catch up with some old colleagues as well as a lot of friends in the industry. The city of San Diego was a great host, and they pulled out all the stops for the various events, including a sky writer, animals from the zoo and Sea World, dancers, lots of local cuisine and great bands.


However with all of that, I think my favorite thing about San Diego was Pinkberry. Some of you have probably seen stories about this frozen yogurt phenomenon taking place in NY and California. They are going to be opening locations in more places by the end of the year, I'm just crossing my fingers that DC is one of them...or better yet Kingstowne!! YUM-O! :)

No comments: