Tuesday, June 12, 2018

"I want to be in Monticello..."

Ever since I introduced the boys to "Hamilton" back in October it's been a pretty big obsession around here. It's played during almost every car ride and "Alexa" has been requested to play songs from it on nearly every visit to Grandma and Grandpa's house. So when we had the thought to camp near Charlottesville for a long weekend we knew we had to take Adam to see the home of Thomas Jefferson.


I wish the weather had been just a tad warmer (ok, really I wish it had been a good 30 degrees warmer because it was windy and as cold as could be) but that's just a good excuse to head back down again in the summer or fall so we can better explore the grounds.





Adam loved the tour of the home though and while I'm usually not big on tour guides I did find myself enjoying getting to hear all the stories about Thomas Jefferson & the many guests he had hosted there - James Madison, Lafayette, etc - all exciting names for Adam to hear - and while we wanted to we never broke out into song.







No comments: