Sunday, June 5, 2016

A Happy (early) Mother's Day...

I was going to be traveling and gone for all of Mother's Day so Andy & the boys put on a great celebration for me the day before. I felt super spoiled with an early morning mani/pedi and then an evening of some of my favorite things - oysters, crabs, & duck! 

Andy & Adam picked up fresh oysters and soft shell crabs at the Farmer's Market (the first weekend of the season!). Then we turned the soft shell crab into soft shell crab bruschetta - inventive and delicious! 





Adam gifted me an adorable handmade book. In it he wrote things like "My favorite thing to do with my mom is cuddle." and "My mom makes the best cookies." and "I love my mom because she is sweet and kind." It's definitely a keeper! 


I was a little melancholy during the day knowing I was about to be leaving for 6 days - the longest I'd been away from Harper - but the boys had one more trick up their sleeves - 2 dozen roses awaiting me in my hotel room to brighten my Mother's Day & to be a beautiful reminder of them all week long. 


I'm one lucky Momma! 

No comments: