Thursday, June 5, 2014

Clearwater Beach - My Boys Arrive...

Adam had no idea that on Friday morning he'd be woken up early and asked if he'd like to head to the airport to see Mommy. He also had no idea that it wouldn't just be picking me up at the airport, but that he'd actually get to hop on an airplane and fly to Florida to see me there. On top of that, he had no idea that the trip also meant 4 days at the beach & 3 nights in a hotel! Needless to say, when he learned all of this information, he responded with "What, are you kidding me?! Yay!!!!!!!!!" 

After their smooth trip to the airport and short flight down to Florida, I met them at the hotel and led them to the beach where Andy enjoyed a beach cocktail and Adam ran immediately to the sand toys. It was clear right away that this mini-vacation was going to be one for the books (or blog).






After my work ended, we all headed back out to the beach. My co-workers immediately involved Adam in their game of Bocce Ball, and I got to enjoy my first beach drink! It wasn't long before Adam was up to his chest in sand and grinning ear to ear. 






The day ended with another legendary sunset, a great surprise when we arrived back in our room - milk and cookies (& another bottle of wine) from the hotel staff and a late night dip in the pool. Sweet! 






No comments: