Friday, February 17, 2012

A day for love...

Ok ok, so we of course express love 365 days of the year, but it is nice to spend one day, dressed in pinks and reds, celebrating that love.  The celebration doesn't have to come in the form of roses, chocolates or jewelry, but just a few extra signs during the day to really show how much love you have for those you love the most.

This year I was able to call my parents at their house to say "I love you and I missed you" as they had been gone for what felt like years, but what was really just 3 1/2 weeks and I was so happy they finally made their way home safely on the 14th.

I was also able to pick up a great sushi dinner for Andy and I to enjoy.  It was easy, delicious, and made for a quick clean up which gave Andy more time to work on painting my new home office---his Valentine to me.

I shared my love of baking with Adam and experienced our first Mother/Son cooking adventure.  Adam graciously and excitedly helped me bake cupcakes for my co-workers (whom I also love). 


We also got to beam, as the humble and yet proud parents that we are, at all the Valentine's Day loot Adam came home with.  His friends sure do love him, and we love them for loving him so. 



To top it all off, we got to read a lovely Valentine that our sweet Adam made for us.  I know Andy and I will both cherish this always, not only because it's a reminder of how much our amazing son loves us, but more importantly as a sign of how much we truly love one another.


Happy Valentine's Day everyone, may you all have someone (or God willing, a million someones) to love and to be loved by...


XOXOXO

No comments: