Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Seashell shakers...

While we did bring quite a few toys for Adam to play with on this vacation, he is quickly becoming bored with what we've brought. So I'm finding myself searching the house for new things for him to play with. Anything from plastic tiki mugs, to paper plates, to straws. Whatever I can give him to keep his attention for a few minutes at a time.

Grandma had a great idea which has worked like a charm! She suggested I take an empty water bottle and fill it with some seashells. I have to admit, I had fun making it as it was an excuse to play in the sand and Adam is loving it!! He loves to just shake it around and gets quite a kick out of it! I even ended up making a second one so that I could make seashell music with him! :)




Thanks Grandma for the great idea!

1 comment:

RipleyVT said...

Oh the simple things! I can't wait to take Olivia on her first beach trip!