Tuesday, September 1, 2009

September already!?

I can't believe September is actually here! While it seems like we were just celebrating Christmas, it also seems like September was a long time coming (could have something to do with the 9+ months of pregnancy!)

I had said from the beginning that I hoped baby boy would wait until September, and he certainly listened! I just love this time of year, and can't wait for these next four months (my favorite of the entire year!) They will be even more special this year, that's for sure!

I figured before this baby comes (which, seriously, it is September now, so feel free to make your debut anytime now baby boy!) I had better jot down a few memories of this pregnancy before they are forgotten amidst the feedings, diaper changing, and general exhaustion that I know will be setting in soon enough.

So here are just a few things I hope to always remember about this past year:

*Finding out I was pregnant--only took five tests to convince ourselves, boy that was expensive!
*Waking up every morning during the first trimester assuming that that would be the day the morning sickness started...still waiting for it to start---thanks baby boy!
*Taking baby boy on 16 airplane rides--United should sign him up as a frequent flyer! He was so well behaved on all of those flights.
*Seeing our baby boy for the first time-he was such a little peanut! Ultrasounds never get old!
*Hearing his strong heart beat for the first time--an amazing sound.
*Getting to finally announce to our friends and family that baby boy was on the way--nothing like seeing those excited Grandparent faces!
*Mustering up the courage to tell my office that I was pregnant and then realizing that they were all super supportive and not upset--which I foolishly had feared!
*Maternity clothes! Nothing compares to wearing elastic waist bands for 6 months...though at this point I'm ready to get back to normal clothes...though I could see pulling the pants out at Thanksgiving--I'm just saying!
*Ice cream! Yes, I ate a lot of ice cream and I shall miss thee until the next time...

*Finding out we were having a boy---we were so dead set that we were having a girl that it was actually a pleasant surprise...plus knowing meant the shopping could commence!
*Little kicks--baby boy has been a rather active tenant, but his kicks were never painful, just a great way of telling me he was still there, I think I'll miss those for sure.
*Belly talk--might sound strange but I think I'll miss Andy talking to my belly everyday, even though sometimes he whispered and I couldn't hear what he was saying-just good chatter between him and his son.
*My golf game--yes, I shall always have fond memories of how well I golfed during this pregnancy, I just hope I'm able to keep it up after he arrives, if not, at least I'll still have my hole-in-one to remember it by.


*Most of all, I'll always remember that I got to carry this little guy around for 9+ months, and I hope he remembers that too. I'll miss him being so close, but I think we're both ready to meet one another, so let's get this show on the road baby boy! :)

2 comments:

RipleyVT said...

Very sweet!! I think it's great you have so many fond memories of your pregnancy! I am with you though, I can't WAIT to meet him!!!!!

Kimberly said...

it is true, ultrasounds never do get old. Those are some fun little memories! Can't wait to meet him!