Monday, August 17, 2009

A WGA Shower

On Saturday, the ladies from the WGA (Women's Golf Association) threw me my 6th, and I believe final, baby shower!

It was held at the club after the annual Founder's Cup tournament. Sadly, due to doctor's orders, I am not able to golf until after baby boy arrives, so I spent the morning doing some errands and treating myself to a manicure and pedicure! (Not a bad substitute for golf!) I then met up around 2:00 when the ladies were finishing the tournament.

The room was set up so nicely with a nice spread of afternoon snacks, a festive cake, and a diaper cake! It was so cute! They also had really pretty flower arrangements and the favors were mini baby bottles filled with blue M&M's and blue golf tees that say "It's a boy!" How cute is that?







We played one shower game, a baby trivia game which had everyone in heated debate! Who knew that babies were born without knee caps!? I'll have to be sure to check that out myself when baby boy arrives.




As always, baby boy was spoiled rotten with tons of fabulous gifts! He got quite a few new outfits (though a lot were in the 9 month range so that was good) and he also got the most adorable socks that look like they are little golf shoes--too cute! He also got a book that teaches ABC's using golf as a theme--very appropriate. Best of all, I had a room full of experienced moms (and some grandmoms as well) letting me know that they are all available for babysitting duty when Andy and I want to hit the links together---what could be better than that!?





So thanks to my golfing friends for putting on such a great shower! Andy and I have been so spoiled by everyone and I think we are now sufficiently "showered" and ready for baby boy to arrive! :)

1 comment:

RipleyVT said...

I'm sensing a pattern with the diaper cake toppers!!! Hmmmmmm