Thursday, August 6, 2009

Road trip. Destination-Charlotte...

As I am past the deadline for flying, I enlisted Andy's help in getting me to and from my most recent meeting taking place in Charlotte. It's the same event we traveled to NYC for last year, and one of the nicer meetings I attend each year, so it's a good one for Andy to attend anyhow.

We left on Sunday afternoon (after completing our birth prep class) and while we had quite a bit of traffic, we enjoyed some good music, and of course played the license plate game to entertain ourselves. We also stopped in a random town in North Carolina for dinner and had a great meal at a local dive.

We finally arrived at our destination,
The Ballantyne Hotel, around 9:45. We had a great room (an upgrade to a suite) and we even had a bottle of wine waiting for us (a lot of good that did me! ha).






On Monday we had a golf outing with some of my members at the Carolina Lakes golf course in South Carolina (only 9 miles from our hotel). It was very hot and humid, but we kept hydrated and had a good time. The course was very challenging with at least 4 or 5 bunkers on each hole (we spent a lot of time at "the beach!") Despite the sand, we still had a good time and managed to play pretty well.




My events took place Monday evening and all day Tuesday, and while Andy participated in the Monday evening events, he was able to have some time to himself on Tuesday. He took advantage of the pool and the driving range and got some good sun, making those of us who were stuck in a meeting room all day rather jealous.




We then hit the road yesterday morning to head back home. We continued our license plate game and I'm happy to report that we spotted 42 states (including DC). The states alluding us:
*Alaska
*Hawaii
*South Dakota
*North Dakota
*Kansas
*Washington
*Rhode Island
*Louisiana
*Nevada
*Wyoming

I still think this was a record...can't wait until we have a third set of eyes to help us out! :)

No comments: