Sunday, January 17, 2021

Back to Nashville...

My fall work travels continued almost immediately after returning from SMRP as I was back on a plane headed to Nashville once again. Funny, I hadn't been to Nashville since 2005 and now twice in two months. This trip was to downtown Nashville as the conference we were exhibiting at was at the convention center. It's crazy how expensive hotels are there and when it was decided that I would attend this the conference hotel had already filled up - so I got creative and booked my very first Air BNB. It was so fun - this one bedroom condo right next to the convention center. Made it feel like I was living in the city. A cool change from just another hotel room. 




I got to hang out on Broadway Street with my conference buddies and I'll just say - eh - not really for me. So crowded, a bachelor or bachelorette party on every street corner and I not only had to avoid stepping in puke at one point I also witnessed a girl (thankfully) make it to a street trash can to puke - so yeah - eww. I think I liked the Gaylord better. 




That said the conference itself was a success. Good booth traffic and one of my guys got to present so that was fun to cheer him on. Chase and I also discovered the most hilarious (yes, you read that right) beef jerky that had us laughing hysterically at the booth during down time. 




I did get to check eating a Nashville Hot Chicken Sandwich off my to-do list as we waited and waited for lunch at the famous Hattie B's. It was good and it was spicy. 




We capped off the week with a trip to Top Golf - always a good time. 

This marathon of conference travel wasn't over yet but some non-work travel was right around the corner...

No comments: