Friday, August 9, 2019

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy ... Hidden Creek Member Guest....

My mom once again invited me to play in the WGA's Member Guest tournament in early June. I happily accepted and proceeded to do zero practice beforehand. Luckily there was a practice round and man did I play lights out - shot a stunning 94 after not playing for basically 365 days - unfortunately as I feared, I used up all my good shots during that round - oops.

The theme for the tournament this year was Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy - so cute and clever as always. Our team all wore yellow shirts and white skirts and my mom had special necklaces made for us as well. Our good family friend, Denise, made special lemon printed seat covers for our golf carts and we strung plastic lemons up around the roof. Festive and on theme.



The planning committee thought of everything and of course the tee markers were adorable and there was also an on course trivia competition as well. Made for some fun debate between our teammates as we tried to come up with answers to some of the not so easy peasy questions.



As for the golf - well, as I said before - not so great for any of us actually. However, spending the day outside with my mom and some other really wonderful ladies makes up for all the bad shots and missed putts. Let's face it - golf is not easy peasy! ha

The luncheon after was again super clever, bright and cheerful. No detail was missed. Always a fantastic day and I hope my mom will invite me back again next year - maybe I'll just skip the practice round this time. ;)








No comments: