Saturday, November 4, 2017

Hamilton...

I took a trip up to my office in NY a couple weeks ago and got an amazing surprise of getting to go see Hamilton on Broadway!!! I really have the best boss in the universe! We met up with a friend of his (she's an actress and she's got a sitcom she's writing that just got accepted into the Austin Film Festival - so exciting - hope it comes to our tv screens soon!) and his daughter Chelsea, who I always love getting to see. 




I really had no idea what to expect with this show as I had avoided listening to any of the music - not sure why but I guess I was just waiting for the day I'd get to experience it fresh and in person! Let me tell you, it did not disappoint! Those performers are incredible and I don't know how they do that eight times a week -it's insane! 





I bought the soundtrack on my way home from NY and can honestly say I haven't stopped listening to it since. It truly is a history and civics lesson rolled into a masterful piece of art. Even Harper has learned the words to some of the songs! I have a new found thirst to understand our nation's history and I can't wait to read more about Alexander Hamilton - and even more excited to learn more about his wife, Eliza. 

What a night and I can't wait to see it again!! 

No comments: