Monday, February 2, 2015

More skiing....

This past weekend we headed back up to Wintergreen to spend a long weekend on the slopes. Adam had early release on Thursday and Friday was a teacher workday, so we took it as an excuse to get away and get back to skiing. 

I worked from the house on Friday while Andy took Adam skiing. I dropped them off around 8:30 and fully expected to get a call around 10:00 to come and pick them back up - but no such call came. Instead they skied until 2:00!!! I couldn't believe it! Adam was loving not being in ski school - having proclaimed "I've outgrown the Treehouse Mommy!" Oh my little boy growing so fast!




After they finally came home it was time for a little nap and then we suited up (well, Adam did) and headed to the Wintergarden for some swimming. It's so fun to see Adam enjoying the same routines as I did growing up - ski all day - swim after. 


Skiing went so well on Friday that Andy bought lift tickets for all of us to hit the slopes on Saturday. I was looking forward to seeing Adam's progress for myself. While it wasn't a morning of non-stop skiing - it was fun getting to work with Adam on his skills (snow plow! snow plow! snow plow!) and watching him make strides in the right direction. I did get to make a few runs on my own at the end - Andy was too sore from the day before to take advantage of doing the same - and felt a lot better about it than I did a few weeks ago. We're already looking forward to going back in two weeks for President's Day Weekend! 



Swoosh, swoosh, swoosh! :) 

No comments: