Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Conquering my resolutions

This just might be the first year I've really stuck to my resolutions and perhaps actually writing them down had something to do with it. I've always been a big fan of "to do" lists as I love the feeling of crossing items off of them. Of course the key to resolutions isn't necessarily getting to the finish line, but rather forcing a change in behavior that will allow you to cross some resolutions off of your list, but hopefully leaving you with new habits, hobbies, and perhaps even a shift in attitude.

One of the resolutions I did make at the beginning of the year (remember these?) was to run two races this year, preferably one in the spring and another in the fall. I had my sights set on the Wolf Trap Race for the Arts 5K which I proudly raced in this past Saturday and while I didn't beat any records, I did hit a lot of personal goals I had set for myself, which at the end of the day is really all that matters.


Andy and Adam were my running buddies and they were the perfect cheerleaders to keep me running the whole time. I'm looking forward to picking out another race, and who knows, I just might end up doing more than two this year. Besides, I still have to find "Peaches" and crush her! (long story, but trust me, I will find her and will beat the gold spandex off her someday!) ;)

No comments: