Saturday, May 16, 2009

Date night...

After another great doctor's appointment (baby's heartbeat is still nice and strong) Andy and I decided to go on a little date.

We started by seeing "Angels and Demons." I was a little worried about it, as I didn't really care for the movie version of "The Davinci Code," however I knew that of the two books, "Angels and Demons" was my favorite. We were both pleasantly surprised by how much better this movie was! Tom Hanks looked great (well, I always think that...just one of my things) and the action and acting for that matter trumped "The Davinci Code." If you haven't read the book, I recommend doing so, and then go see the movie, you won't be disappointed.

After the movie (yes, we caught the 4:50 to qualify for matinee pricing) we headed to Bone Fish for dinner. We hadn't been there in awhile, but our bartender Mike, was happy to see us and was excited to see the progress baby G was making. We enjoyed a very tasty appetizer of steamed mussels and then basically took our entrees home with us as we realized the mussels were more filling than we originally thought.

Meanwhile, Andy just enjoyed the leftovers for breakfast! Shrimp Pad Thai=breakfast of champions? I guess we'll find out when we hit the links this afternoon!

1 comment:

RipleyVT said...

Oh, good! I'm glad you are giving it great reviews! I LOVED LOVED LOVED that book SO much more than The Davinci Code.....so, I'm excited!