Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Seattle...the city where I'm pretty sure it never rains!

I returned on Friday from a week in Seattle. I was there for meetings, but had a decent amount of time, due to flight schedules, to do some sight seeing. In my time there and in conversations I've had with others who have visited the Emerald City, I think I am now convinced that it never rains in Seattle. Seriously, hear me out. We never had a single drop of rain the whole week I was there and everyone I've talked to that visted during different times of the year have all said the same thing. Not to mention the fact that every local I talked to insisted that I lie to everyone when I get home by saying it rained the whole time! I'm honestly beginning to think that they've got us all fooled and that Seattle is the country's best kept secret.





Oh well, consipiracy theories aside, I did have a pretty great time in Seattle (well, minus the work part!) One of the highlights being a visit to the original Starbucks, as well as Pike Place Market (you know, where they throw the fish!) I got to enjoy several meals outside looking out onto the water. The temperatures were warm, but no humidity so it was perfect. There are so many sea planes and boats that you get quite a show while you are dining.









I also got to go on a tour at the Boeing facility in Everett. I saw 747's, 777's, and the new 787-Dreamliner being assembled. It was rather impressive. Just a quick bit of trivia, the ticket price on a 747 with nothing more than cruise control and air conditioning, is $250,000,000! Needless to say I did not purchase one as a souvenier!








After the Boeing tour, I still had time to kill before my Red Eye, so I went with a colleague on a sail boat ride. It was so gorgeous seeing the city from the water and the breeze was spectacular.









By the time I finally got to the airport and on my plane (which believe it or not after a day at Boeing turned out to be an Air Bus!), I was feeling pretty confident that I'd tired myself out, but alas, I never slept a wink! Gotta love the Red Eye...

No comments: