Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Wii with the family

Last weekend we had a dinner party with my parents, my brother, and our dear friends Don and Rosemary who were visiting from Myrtle Beach. If you'll recall, Don & Rosemary were the ones who helped us find our Wii in South Carolina, so it was only fitting that we'd let them see it working in action!

To get things started we set up a game of bowling with my dad, Don, Mark and myself competing. Now typically bowling is my game, but I have to admit I got smoked by my dad. I suppose I could say I was just "letting him win" as he did for me so many times growing up, but he really did earn his victory and even informed me that he had figured out how to get the "wrist action" working in his favor. Good grief!






After bowling we paired Mark and my mom up in a tennis match, followed by Andy and Mark in a boxing match.


All in all it was a great night of "Wii Sports" and was also a great way to burn off some of the calories from the cake that I made. I saw this cute way of decorating a cake in Rachael Ray's latest magazine, it was time consuming but was a great way to jazz up a boxed strawberry cake mix!


No comments: