Tuesday, May 20, 2008

South Africa here I come...

Well, it is official, I am headed to South Africa (cue the Toto song.) I am feeling a combination of anxiety and excitement. The anxiety coming mostly from the fact that I am making this trip on my own and entering a country that has had some issues in the past, and the excitement coming from the fact that I get to see a country and continent for that matter, that I never in my life thought I'd visit.

I will be traveling there for work, so the good news is, the trip is free of charge. I also get to fly business class which was a huge concern as I don't think I'd be able to survive in coach for the 40+ hours that I'll be in the air during this trip.

The hotel I'm going to be staying at looks really awesome and seems to be very family oriented which makes me feel less apprehensive. You can check it out here:
http://www.graceland.co.za/overview.asp.

The other great thing about this trip is that I am flying through Frankfurt and was able to work in a five day layover which allows me to take a quick jaunt over to Budapest to visit Greg and Erica one more time before they had back to the states. I am really looking forward to seeing them and to also visiting Budapest in warmer temperatures.

I leave two weeks from Thursday, so in the meantime, feel free to pass along any book, music, magazine favorites as I'll have a lot of time to kill on my various flights and layovers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait! We are so happy you are coming to visit again. See you in 3 weeks!

Kimberly said...

oh you have to get the twilight series to read on your trek. It is a three book YA series from Stephanie Meyers and i have never heard of a person who has read them who hasn't loved them. It would be a great way to spend your 40 hours in the air. . . trust me :)

Sounds like a fun trip. Can't wait to see how it goes!