Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Thanksgiving lunch at Adam's school...

We experienced yet another rite of passage as parents, Thanksgiving lunch at school.  I don't think there's anything more fun that showing up and surprising your child in the middle of the day and then getting to eat lunch with him as he shows you off to all his friends.  "This is MY mommy."  "That's MY daddy." 

I loved every minute of it.  I loved watching Adam pass the plates out to everyone (that was his duty for the day).  I loved watching Adam place heaping spoonfuls of stuffing and collard greens on his plate (who knew they could serve themselves?)  I loved watching Adam politely pass the food on to Lilly who was sitting next to him.  I loved seeing him gobble up all of his turkey and then ask for more.  I loved watching him clear his plate and wash his hands...all on his own.  And I loved the food...it was really good! 



I'm so thankful for the great school that Adam goes to.  I'm thankful for his amazing teachers whom he loves and trusts.  I'm thankful for his great friends.  Mostly I'm just thankful to be Adams' mom. 

No comments: