Monday, January 26, 2009

I'm a loser...

It's true. For about the past 2 1/2 years, pretty much since I started traveling a lot for work, I've been losing things left and right. Here is just a quick list of the various items lost during my travels:

*North Face fleece
*iPod (blasted seat pockets on airplanes!)
*roughly 3 maybe 4 cell phone chargers
*car keys (which makes it hard to then get in your car and drive home from the airport..ugh)
*Blackberry (thank goodness for insurance!)

I'm sure the list is longer, though those are the ones that stick out most in my mind. This habit of losing things quickly became a family joke, with my beloved (or maybe not!) family members taking bets on what I'd lose on each particular trip.

I think the trip of most concern were my adventures to South Africa and Budapest last summer. There was talk about me losing my passport, wallet, camera, jacket, etc! Well, I did lose something on that trip (or so I thought).

Right before making the journey I purchased a new eye pencil from Clinique, and while "freshening up" in Frankfort, the pencil disappeared. I thought for sure I had simply left it in the restroom, and chalked it up to the loser in me.

However, I am happy to report that just yesterday, while looking through Liddy's backpack for her body spray (she was a little stinky) Andy found my missing eye pencil, which never fell out of my bag in Frankfurt, it simply fell out of my make-up bag into my backpack.

So maybe I'm not such a loser after all! ;)

...Now, if only my iPod, Blackberry, fleece, car keys, and phone chargers would magically appear again!

No comments: