Sunday, December 14, 2014

Getting Festive...

I say it every year and I'll say it again - decorating the house for Christmas is one of my favorite things to do. Pulling out all the boxes, seeing all the ornaments again, remembering the moments they were meant to commemorate, listening to Christmas music, and lighting those first holiday smelling candles is the perfect way to kick off the holiday season! 






Another highlight is bringing out all of Adam's Christmas books and of course the return of Al! The look on Adam's face when he sees his tree lit up and books spread out in his room is always priceless. I cherish these moments as I know they won't last forever. 




I love our beautiful home all year round, but I must say, it was built for the holidays - it just sparkles and glows with all the twinkling lights, holly, and we must not forget the mistletoe! XO 



Another great tradition is to count down the days until Christmas which we do with a handmade chain garland and of course with a chocolate filled Advent Calendar (thanks Auntie Heidi!). 






The days go so fast but we're determined to make the most of them and soak up every moment of the holiday season! 

No comments: