Monday, November 3, 2008

A fun Halloween weekend...

I loved that Halloween was a Friday this year! It is so much easier to celebrate when you don't have to worry about work the next day. We had a great Halloween evening over at my sister-in-law's house. Bebe always throws great Halloween parties, and this one was no exception. Our nephew, Davey, turned 9 on Saturday, so the party on Friday was also a celebration for the little (or maybe not so little anymore!) guy!



Everyone came dressed up, including my mother-in-law in a mask and witches hat, my father-in-law as "The Green Man" (I think he was making a political statement, but he could just like the color green!, Bebe as Medusa, Andy as a cowboy, Davey as a Star Wars Commtrooper, Kurt as an Australian Indiana Jones, and myself as Sarah Palin. Quite the eclectic crowd! We even dressed Liddy up, though she wasn't thrilled!





Saturday night we attended another Halloween party at Greg and Erica's. For this party Andy changed his costume to "Joe the Plumber," plunger and all! We got to meet new friends, and also see some old ones, some of which have made "additions" to their families since we last hung out. It was fun to see little Sarah Catherine and baby Owen meet for the first time, too cute!




Probably one of the better costumes of the night was Dave and Alysia's depiction of "John & Kate plus 8." If you've seen the show, you'll see why it was the perfect costume for them. I was also amuzed by Greg's portrayal of Michael Vick. Though that stuffed dog of his looked a little too much like Liddy for my liking!






I was happy to have the extra hour of sleep on Sunday, and was all rested up for my parent's visit. My mom and I were supposed to re-organize my kitchen cabinets, but instead we just spent the afternoon chatting and doing some shopping. All the while, Andy was smoking a turkey and preparing our first "thanksgiving" meal of the season. Yum!

No comments: